Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Panton Hill, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Panton Hill, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Panton Hill, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Panton Hill, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Repeating interactive games like “open shut them” will help the toddlers start doing these activities themselves.
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: