Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Ormond, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ormond, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Ormond, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Ormond, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Tickle with feathers, towels and hands! Touch is so important for children and perhaps you can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to get the sensory play started.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: