Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Olinda, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Olinda, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Brain development is stimulated in a musical setting through a multisensory approach involving sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Olinda, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Books we can sing and share together
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Olinda, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Tickling is a fun way to create a sensory connection with children. You can use rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to help begin playing.
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: