Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Oakleigh, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Oakleigh, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Oakleigh, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Rhyming books
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Oakleigh, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: