Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Notting Hill, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Notting Hill, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Notting Hill, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Notting Hill, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Infants prefer the sound of their parents voice, so be brave and sing out loud the tunes to your favorite song or even a simple lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: