Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Newport, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Newport, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Newport, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Newport, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- Infants prefer the sound of their parents voice, so be brave and sing out loud the tunes to your favorite song or even a simple lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- You can soothe the baby by patting his back or nappy to the rhythm of a heartbeat, a steady beat or your favourite song in order to calm and settle him.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: