Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mount Waverley, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mount Waverley, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mount Waverley, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Rhyming books
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mount Waverley, VIC
Be sure to try these methods of integrating music into daily life:
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Treat your child’s ears to the rich sounds of real orchestra as opposed to the children’s classical music made using synthesizers; incorporating classical music into the bedtime ritual of your children will be soothing and calming.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: