Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mornington, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mornington, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mornington, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mornington, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a treat for your baby’s ears and developing brain. Classical music is a lovely addition to any bedtime routine.
- Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” or “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into playtime!
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: