Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Moorooduc, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Moorooduc, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Moorooduc, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Moorooduc, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: