Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Montrose, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Montrose, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Montrose, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Rhyming books
- Counting books
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Montrose, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Ensure that classical music is a part of your bedtime routine. Instead of using baby classical CDs which are often made using synthesizers you could turn the radio into classical channels or buy an orchestral CD which will be pleasant for baby to listen to and will also stimulate their developing brain.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: