Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mont Albert, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mont Albert, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. Your baby’s brain development can be stimulated through multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical environment.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mont Albert, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mont Albert, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage anticipation and require the toddlers to follow the song and wait for the exciting actions “clap!”. If you repeat these often enough they will start to do them for themselves.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: