Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mitcham, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mitcham, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mitcham, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mitcham, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- To soothe an unsettled baby it’s a good idea to pat a beat on the baby’s back or nappy, you can try a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, patting the words to your favorite song or just a natural beat.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: