Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Milgate Park Estate, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Milgate Park Estate, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Your baby’s brain development can be stimulated through multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical environment.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Milgate Park Estate, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Books we can sing and share together
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Milgate Park Estate, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- Ensure that classical music is a part of your bedtime routine. Instead of using baby classical CDs which are often made using synthesizers you could turn the radio into classical channels or buy an orchestral CD which will be pleasant for baby to listen to and will also stimulate their developing brain.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: