Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Middle Park, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Middle Park, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Middle Park, VIC:
- Counting books
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Middle Park, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- It doesn’t matter what song you like to sing, whether it is a lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or not, research has proven that toddlers love the sound of their parents’ voice so be brave and sing!
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: