Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mickleham, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mickleham, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Mickleham, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
To ensure a good relationship with your child, it’s important to foster this union during their early months and years.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mickleham, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Interactive games that encourage children to listen, anticipate an action and perform are also good fun for parent and child to play together.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: