Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Mentone, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Mentone, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Mentone, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Mentone, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: