Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Melton, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Melton, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Melton, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Rhyming books
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Melton, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: