Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Melbourne, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Melbourne, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Melbourne, VIC. Here are a few examples:
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Melbourne, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- The baby’s nappy or back can be patted in a rhythmic pattern to the beat of your favorite song. Try variations of a heartbeat or a steady natural beat in order to calm and sooth him/her.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: