Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Maribyrnong, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Maribyrnong, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Maribyrnong, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Counting books
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Maribyrnong, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are useful in beginning sensory play with children, for whom touch is very important.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: