Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Malvern East, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Malvern East, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Malvern East, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Malvern East, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Using the rhythm of your favourite song you can pat the baby’s back or nappy to soothe him/her. Other calming patterns include a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: