Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Lysterfield, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Lysterfield, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Lysterfield, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Lysterfield, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” or “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into playtime!
- Using the rhythm of your favourite song you can pat the baby’s back or nappy to soothe him/her. Other calming patterns include a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat.
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: