Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Lower Plenty, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Lower Plenty, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Lower Plenty, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
- Counting books
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Lower Plenty, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: