Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Lilydale, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Lilydale, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Lilydale, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Counting books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Lilydale, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Sing nursery rhymes while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn). Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”. Sing and play with your child!
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: