Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Laverton North, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Laverton North, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Laverton North, VIC:
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Laverton North, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Be brave and sing to your baby or infant as research shows that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice. Try a nursery rhyme, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: