Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Laburnum, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Laburnum, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Laburnum, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Rhyming books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Laburnum, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: