Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Knoxfield, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Knoxfield, Victoria. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Knoxfield, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Knoxfield, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a treat for your baby’s ears and developing brain. Classical music is a lovely addition to any bedtime routine.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: