Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Kings Park, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Kings Park, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Kings Park, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Kings Park, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- An Interactive game like “open shut them” encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for the exiting actions such as clapping. Repeating these often enough will help them start doing these actions by themselves.
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- The importance of touch to children is profound. You can awaken the baby’s senses by tickling him with feathers, towels and hands and singing rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: