Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Keysborough, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Keysborough, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Keysborough, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Keysborough, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Touch is very important for children and using rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with sensory stimulation like tickling or massage, can stimulate the senses.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: