Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Kensington, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Kensington, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Kensington, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Kensington, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: