Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Keilor, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Keilor, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Keilor, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Keilor, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Infants prefer the sound of their parents voice, so be brave and sing out loud the tunes to your favorite song or even a simple lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- With a newborn, play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and this can be fabulous fun for both parents and children. Examples of great nursery rhymes for this include “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby music classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers classes from as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: