Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Kealba, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Kealba, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Kealba, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Kealba, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Explore different songs you can sing to your baby during bedtime routine, including simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song for that matter as long as you enjoy singing them. Research as shown that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- The baby’s nappy or back can be patted in a rhythmic pattern to the beat of your favorite song. Try variations of a heartbeat or a steady natural beat in order to calm and sooth him/her.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: