Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Karingal, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Karingal, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Karingal, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Karingal, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: