Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Kallista, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Kallista, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. Brain development is stimulated in a musical setting through a multisensory approach involving sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Kallista, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Kallista, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Tickle with feathers, towels and hands! Touch is so important for children and perhaps you can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to get the sensory play started.
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: