Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Ivanhoe East, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Ivanhoe East, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ivanhoe East, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Ivanhoe East, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- The sense of touch is very important for young children. You can begin sensory playing with them combining rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” with tickling and touch.
- Treat the ears and the developing brain of your young child by incorporating classical music into the bedtime routine. Opt for beautiful recordings by composers such as W.A. Mozart
- Repeating interactive games like “open shut them” will help the toddlers start doing these activities themselves.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: