Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Hillside, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Hillside, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Hillside, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Hillside, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Use soothing classical music to treat the ears and brain of your baby. If you are not comfortable choosing good quality recordings, simply tune in to your local classical radio station.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: