Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Highett, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Highett, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music can be used to nurture positive beginnings for your baby. Your baby’s brain development can be stimulated through multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical environment.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Highett, VIC:
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Highett, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- By patting your baby’s back to the rhythm of your favourite song in a heartbeat or steady beat, you can often quickly settle him or her.
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- An example of a game that encourages anticipation and requires the toddlers to follow the song and wait for exciting actions is “open shut them”. If similar games are repeated often enough they will encourage toddlers to independently do these actions.
- Treat the ears and the developing brain of your young child by incorporating classical music into the bedtime routine. Opt for beautiful recordings by composers such as W.A. Mozart
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: