Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Heidelberg, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heidelberg, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heidelberg, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Heidelberg, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: