Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Heatherton, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heatherton, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heatherton, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Through playing music and singing songs you can enjoy fun activities that enable connectingand bonding with baby while laying the foundation for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Heatherton, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: