Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Heatherdale, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heatherdale, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Heatherdale, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Heatherdale, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are a great way to interact with your young baby.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: