Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Hawthorn, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Hawthorn, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Hawthorn, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Hawthorn, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: