Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Hampton, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Hampton, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Hampton, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Hampton, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Tickling is a fun way to create a sensory connection with children. You can use rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to help begin playing.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Babies are toddlers are engaged by bouncing games like, “To Market To market” and “Humpty Dumpty”. They love being in their parents arms or on their lap.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: