Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Greenvale, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greenvale, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Provided are examples of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that are used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greenvale, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Greenvale, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- You can soothe the baby by patting his back or nappy to the rhythm of a heartbeat, a steady beat or your favourite song in order to calm and settle him.
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: