Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Greenvale Lakes, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greenvale Lakes, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Music is a key element during this crucial window of opportunity that can give your baby a head start in life. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greenvale Lakes, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Greenvale Lakes, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Treat your child’s ears to the rich sounds of real orchestra as opposed to the children’s classical music made using synthesizers; incorporating classical music into the bedtime ritual of your children will be soothing and calming.
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- To begin sensory playing with children, you can use rhymes such as “this little piggy” or “round and round the garden” and follow up with fun tickling!
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: