Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Greensborough, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greensborough, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Greensborough, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Greensborough, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- For some people, singing doesn’t come naturally. However, it’s important to sing whichever songs you enjoy since research shows that babies and infants simply love to hear the sound of their parents voice. So be courageous and sing a song, even if you start with a classic like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- By patting your baby’s back to the rhythm of your favourite song in a heartbeat or steady beat, you can often quickly settle him or her.
- You can turn less exciting activies such as a nappy change, meal preparation or bath time into a time of play by using familiar melodies with new words like “here we go round the mulberry bush” transformed to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: