Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Glen Iris, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Glen Iris, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Take advantage of this window of opportunity to give your baby the best possible start through music. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Glen Iris, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Glen Iris, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- Use familiar tunes from songs you know, then add new words like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. By singing during bath time, meal preparations or nappy changes you can transform these activities into times of delight for your baby.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: