Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Glen Huntly, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Glen Huntly, Victoria. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Glen Huntly, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Glen Huntly, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: