Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Gardenvale, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Gardenvale, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Acquire skills to enable you make music part of your home for a calm and joyful start!
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Gardenvale, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Gardenvale, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- “Here we go round the mulberry bush” is one idea of a song to sing during activities such as preparig a meal, changing a nappy or bath time.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and at the same time sing rhymes. Many people find rhymes like “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty” ideal for this.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: