Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Forest Hill, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Forest Hill, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. Music can be used to nurture positive beginnings for your baby. Your baby’s brain development can be stimulated through multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions within a musical environment.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Forest Hill, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Forest Hill, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Rhymes and songs are a great way to turn a bedtime routine, nappy change, bath time or other transitions from a challenge into play.
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: