Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Ferny Creek, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ferny Creek, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ferny Creek, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Ferny Creek, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby music classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers classes from as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: