Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ferntree Gully, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Ferntree Gully, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Ferntree Gully, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Rhymes and songs are a great way to turn a bedtime routine, nappy change, bath time or other transitions from a challenge into play.
- With a newborn, play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and this can be fabulous fun for both parents and children. Examples of great nursery rhymes for this include “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Your bedtime routine can include soothing classical music playing softly in the background. Treat their ears and developing brains by listening to the rich sounds of a real orchestra.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: